Ever found yourself scratching your head trying to figure out the real costs of buying or selling a house? We’re here to shine a light on those costs, so you know what to expect and budget for.
- Loan origination fees
- Appraisal fees
- Title insurance
- General inspection fees
- Specific inspections (e.g., pest, structural)
- Paid by the buyer to confirm the home’s value for the lender
- Mortgage application fees
- Credit report fees
- Possible mortgage points
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Mortgage insurance (if down payment is less than 20%)
- Prorated portion of the year’s property taxes
- Negotiable post-inspection for any needed repairs
- Costs associated with moving, storage, etc.
- Home warranty (optional)
- Utility setup fees
Approximate Cost (Buyer)
2-5% of the loan amount
Varies by type
Varies based on repairs needed
- Agent commission
- Title transfer fees
- Attorney fees (if applicable)
- Pre-listing inspections (optional)
- Occasionally covered by the seller
- Any owed property taxes up to the date of sale
- May need to pay for repairs or offer credit at closing
- Costs associated with moving, if applicable
- Potential staging and home preparation costs
- Utility fees until the closing date
Approximate Cost (Seller)
Advertise with Property.com
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Follow us for exclusive updates and a chance to be part of our online community. Just click to join the conversation!
Become a Pro
Get Connected with Homeowners Seeking Your Expertise. Join Our Pro Network and Receive Valuable Targeted Leads.
Join Our Newsletter
Stay informed and connected. Simply subscribe to never miss out on what's happening!